NCAA Bracket Projections 2013: Jayhawks Take The Top Spot
We just updated the site to reflect our latest 2013 NCAA bracket projections through games played on February 24th. These bracket projections are based on the algorithmic models at TeamRankings.com, and also account for the specific rules for seeding set forth by the NCAA selection committee.
Notes On Today’s 2013 NCAA Bracket Projections:
- Florida, Indiana and Miami all lost last week, and consequently Kansas is the new top overall seed in our 2013 NCAA bracket projections.
- While Indiana and Miami hung on to 1-seeds, Florida fell to a 2-seed, and are in the same region as Indiana.
- Despite being ranked number 1 in the latest AP poll, this week’s NCAA bracket projections see Gonzaga only as a 3-seed.
- Last week, La Salle squeaked into our bracket projections through the play-in game. After a 2-0 week in the A-10, though, the Explorers are more solidly in the bracket as an 11-seed.
- Kentucky, however, is now among our last four in, and our bracket projections see the Wildcats starting their quest for a repeat in Dayton.
As always, every effort was made to adhere to the committee’s seeding rules for this latest bracket projection, but if you spot something we’ve missed please let us know.